DIY Rustic Christmas Tree Collar Skirt

$5

This DIY rustic Christmas tree collar looks so clean and tidy under a tree and is much less likely to get messy compared to a traditional tree skirt. It’s also a really trendy look and a completely affordable project!
diy rustic christmas tree collar skirt
I’ve been wanting to try out one of these Christmas tree collars for a few years now. I love the clean, tidy look of them, but I find they’re always either quite expensive or just really bulky to store because of their usual roundness...

This DIY solution is perfect because it gives me that tidy tree collar look, it’s a fairly inexpensive project, and it can easily be stored up against a wall! It’s a win-win-win kind of a situation.
diy rustic christmas tree collar skirt
We started out by making a basic square box with four sides each measuring 23″ by 10″. Ten inches seemed to be just about the right height to hide the base of our tree without forcing the bottom branches up too much when it’s in place.
[Hey! Are you looking for more simple DIY Christmas decor ideas?! Check out these DIY Over-Sized Wood Scrap Stars!]
diy rustic christmas tree collar skirt
When everything was dry on the basic box structure, I went ahead and got out the paints! I started out by staining the box, then I painted over it with a white chalky finish paint. I sanded it down on all sides until I had the rustic look that I was going for.
diy rustic christmas tree collar skirt
Then it was time for the really fun part.   I got out my stencils and some cheery red paint and added a little bit of Christmassy wording to the front of the tree collar.
[Psst! Need new stockings?! Check this idea out!]

CreekLineHouse .

• San26889711

Where is a shot of the finished product?
    • Jodie Woods

I think Sandy was asking for a full view of the fished project. You’ll have to click on the link and go to the website for that.

• Alicia W

Really love this idea. It would also help keep my dogs away from the tree. I’m definately going to do this.
  • Val

That is gorgeous, I love it. It's so versatile that you could keep it in the house all year, just put it on it's side and put some books, etc on it and in it.