June
June
  • Tracy, CA

Change a hanging Lamp into a beautiful garden Planter !

I found a beautiful hanging lamp at a garage sale for $5:00 that just wasnt right for the spot it was intended , so I took it all apart, removed all of the hardware and made a beautiful Garden Planter out of it and then used most of the hardware to make a wonderful humming bird feeder hanger! I hope you like this as much as I did ! I just wish I had thought to take a before picture but inspiration took over , but next time I will!!! Lol
$5.00 garage sale find to Make two unusual  garden items little cost !  Stained glass hanging lamp!
$5.00 garage sale find to Make two unusual garden items little cost ! Stained glass hanging lamp!
Diy humming bird feeder hanger made from left over hardware  from top of hanging lamp
Diy humming bird feeder hanger made from left over hardware from top of hanging lamp
Finished Diy Planter
Finished Diy Planter

• Sandy Ragan

red color is not necessary to bring in the hummers and red dye can be harmful to them. 4 to 1 water to sugar lightly boiled for 1 min. is all you need.

• June

I agree Sandy I have since been using the electrolyte hummingbird clear food for one thing I get a lot more hammers they seem to like it better, But I do have a hard time finding it! there are only a few stores in my area that seem to carry it! Thanks for commenting Sandy

• Kathleen Bingham Steube

Here's a visual to add to Sandy Ragan's comment:

• Penny Martin Popp

You are so right Sandy, red dye is harmful to Hummingbirds.

• Sharon Patterson

I love this idea. I was running out of places to hang my hummer feeders.

• Sharon Patterson

I used the same lamp shade to make and succulent/fairy garden. I love yours too. These shades really do make perfect planters.