DIY Wine Corks Project

$6

Are you a wine drinker like me? Do you save all your corks like me too? Then they sit there in a vase or jar or something forever and you think, what the heck am I gonna do with all these, but you can’t seem to throw them all away? Sound familiar? Well, I finally decided to do something with all of mine and make this DIY wine cork sign. And it was super easy! Here is how I did it.

I wanted to write out either the word “cheers” or “BAR” to hang above our bar area. I headed to Hobby Lobby to see what they had for wooden letters and decided on these.  These letters are about 10 inches high, are very thin, and cost less than 2 dollars each.  They also had some cursive letters that I liked, but they were not as tall as these, and I wanted them pretty tall. I am sure most craft stores carry similar wooden letters, in case you don’t have a Hobby Lobby near you.

First, I sorted my corks and arranged them on the ‘B’ before gluing them down.  After messing around with different patterns, I decided to go from light on the top to dark on the bottom.  Second, I glued them down with my fabulous glue gun.  That is pretty much all there is to it!  I told ya it was easy.

I must admit that about half way thru the ‘A’, I’d used up all my corks, and then had to ask friends if I could have theirs.  This B alone has around 70 corks!!!  That is a whole lotta wine.  Luckily I know a few big wine drinkers who were willing to donate their stash to me so I could finish. 

One last thing.  These letters did not come with anything on the back for hanging, so my husband nailed some small sawtooth hangers on so we could hang them up.

Easy Peasy!  AND, here is the final product…

And a few more pictures.

The House house

• Altha

I want to know where the stand came from??
    • The House house

Oh! We actually made that stand out of some kitchen cabinets. We just added some legs to it and viola! We used left over stair case railing posts for the legs. We cut them down and attached them to the bottom of the cabinets.

• Val

that looks wonderful and so does your house. I also love your fish tank stand, you did a great job making that as well. Did you also make the bar area with the seats?
    • The House house

Hi! Thank you! We didn’t not make the bar area. We did paint it white though and stained the top. It used to be a dark choc brown color.

• The House house

A party barn? I wish I had a party barn. 😊 And yes I’m sure this project would look great in there and it is so easy to make!
  • The House house

Thank you so much! We did not make that bar area but i did refinish it the same way I refinished our kitchen table. Check out my blog and go to DIY projects. It’s called Refinishing an old dark wood table. 😊