Best way to clean a shark vacuum filter.

+17
Hi I have 5 dogs and vacuum daily. My shark has been cleaned from top to bottom, even using vinegar on the main filter. I can't seem to get the dog smell out of it every time I turn it on. Help!! Thanks in advance!! :-)

• Give them a call. I have 6 dogs, 6 cats, a canary and a dragon and vacuum every day too. I had a problem at one point and they even sent me a free part. Here is a link.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Nov 20, 2017
    Add special vac smellie for the purpose......Otherwise contact manufacturer's Customer /service and ask for solution........
  • Annie Doherty Annie Doherty on Nov 20, 2017
    Try using a couple of drops of essential oil to clean the main filter the scent will waft out, lemon, verbena or Lavender are lovely.
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Nov 20, 2017
    Sprinkle some baking soda on your rug the next time you vacuum. The baking soda should go through the vacuum and pick up a lot of the odor. It may take more than one time to get rid of it all. Good luck!
    • Kelly Richards Kelly Richards on Dec 15, 2017
      We don't have any carpet in the house, just hardwood and linoleum. I did try baking soda on the floors in the past, but didn't have any luck getting the smell out. 😥

• Diana Deiley Diana Deiley on Nov 20, 2017
    Clean your vacuum filter and parts with warm water and pinesol lemon scent. Essential oils will help also. Sprinkle carpet freshener first, wait, then vacuum. Best of luck.
  • Allison Allison on Nov 21, 2017
    Been there. I use OdoBan for general cleaning and for cleaning the filters on my dyson. I think the main thing to do is make absolutely sure the filter is 100% dry before reinserting. I put mine in the sun and let them sit for 2 days or so....break out the broom and hope no pop over visitors come calling:)
  • Lisa S. Lisa S. on Nov 21, 2017
    After you clean it use some lavender essential oil on the filter.
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 16, 2017
    Yes - I have the same problem. Wash my filter frequently, along with the canister. Still get the smell from the expelled air in my Shark. I love my Shark, but this is annoying. I have been thinking of putting a dryer sheet in the canister or in the filter area, but concerned about airflow. I will be watching this thread.
    • Kelly Richards Kelly Richards on Dec 16, 2017
      I did a dryer sheet too. I also tried the gain scent beads too. They all help a little bit, but nothing I've tried has gotten rid of it totally. I guess I will just continue washing the filter every other week. :-)
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 16, 2017
    Thanks for replying. I guess I'll do the same.
  • Nancy Buckman Nancy Buckman on Dec 16, 2017
    U might try using pet stain odor remover. Then if the odor is biological, the enzyme should handle it.
  • Nancy Buckman Nancy Buckman on Dec 17, 2017
    Usually its liquid but they have aerosol sprays now of the enzymatic destroyers. Look at your pet center where they have cleaners for urine. U could maybe try a lite misting with the vac on so it can travel up and into. Then try cleaning the filters as well. If it continues, could there be a spot on the floor that the vac keeps picking up causing the smell to return?
  • Garet Noelty Garet Noelty on Jun 19, 2018
    I required a substitution for my old hand held vacuum. Chosen to attempt this one Bissell from. I'm extremely content with it. It completed a great job expelling the pooch hair from on the sofa and auto seats and floor mats. I have issues with my hands and wrists and had not an issue taking care of this while vacuuming the entire the auto.
  • James James on Sep 16, 2019

Few days ago i am facing some problem with my vacuum but i solved it. You can find some informative information about this Shark vacuum here.

https://insideshome.com/shark-vacuum-troubleshooting/

• Christina Haneghan Christina Haneghan on May 14, 2020

Cleaning a shark vacuum filter is not a simple matter. There are a lot of people who give instructions but it really doesn't work.

The easiest way to clean a filter is to check out the article here.

• Sophie Turner Sophie Turner on Jul 03, 2020

I am satisfied and get all the info, I need, from here:

https://theniftyhouse.com/how-to-clean-shark-vacuum-filter/

• I use a few drops of my favourite perfume on the sponge filters in my vacuum.