DIY Christmas Tree (From Wire Hangers!)

$5

In a season where you’re already breaking the bank on presents and parties the last thing you want to do is spend more money to decorate your house, which is why I love this project so much!
You won’t believe what this cute little tree is made from!
…wire hangers!   Can you believe it?!  I took them out of my closet and didn’t have to spend a dime on what will be the structure of my tree!
The next couple steps are a little hard to explain, so hopefully the pictures will help.
I took 2 hangers and overlapped them to form a triangle shape.  I took the “hook” part of the hangers and hooked them around the base of the opposite hanger.  I secured the overlapping parts with masking tape (pictured above).  You will need to repeat this step 2 more times (for a total of 3 “triangle” pieces).
After I made the three main pieces, I inserted the leg of the 2nd and 3rd piece through the middle of the first piece to form the tree frame.   The legs should end up all be equal distances apart.
I taped the top overlapping pieces together, and the overlapping pieces in the tree’s center together with masking tape.
Here’s what it looks like from the top view.
I first wrapped the lights around the tree form, starting from the top and ending at the bottom.  I secured the lights with tape in a few places that weren’t staying where I wanted them to, but overall they stayed put.
Next I wrapped the garland around the tree form and lights, starting from the top and ending at the bottom.  I would occasionally wrap the garland around a piece of the hanger to make sure it stayed in place, while continuing to work my way down to the base.
If you’re having a hard time getting the lights and garland to stay where you want them, you could also secure them with green twist ties.
I added some decorative ribbon, but mostly just kept it simple.
I wrapped the ribbon loosely around the tree and tucked it in between the strands of garland to hold it in place.
I really love how it turned out.  You really can’t beat the price on this, either!

For more details and pictures, be sure to visit the link below!

The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
The Cofran Home

• Pyesangel
    Pyesangel

Where do you find a 10ft string of 50 lights?? The smallest I've seen was a 15ft string of 70 lights and that was at Dollar General.

• Sharon Compton Ray Helton
    Sharon Compton Ray Helton

Why can't we share these projects other places other than Messenger.

I wanted to share it on My Facebook page.. Please set these up to share more places. Thank You. Sharon

• Donna
    Donna
    35 minutes ago

Very clever! Love it!

• I sort of have one of these--my sister-in-law made some years ago for everybody in the family (my husband is 9 out of 11 kids. She made hers with tinsel garland and a small light string. When the lights quit working after a few years, I took it apart to see how it was put together. I left the hanger framework in place, but I found nine feet lighted garlands. It took 2 to wrap around the framework but I didn't have to separately attach the lights. I haven't used it for a few years but I kept it so I wouldn't forget how to make one.

• Pineapple
    Pineapple

I’m so happy you posted this! My mother’s sweet friend started teaching me how to make these little trees and then she died suddenly. I’m definitely going to make some this year and give one to my mom. Thanks for sharing.❤️