What can I use to stick light items to wall without harming wall?

+28
I want to stick soda can butterflies to painted walls and be able to remove them at a later time.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Nov 24, 2017
    Three M Command Hooks
  • Carol Kurzen Newsome Carol Kurzen Newsome on Nov 24, 2017
    Use art him available at Wal-Mart or most drug stores. Available in blue or white and is like a putty.

• Shirley Kalinosky Shirley Kalinosky on Nov 24, 2017
    Command strips are the only thing I know that is removable and won[t harm the walls.
    • Rut22107192 Rut22107192 on Nov 24, 2017
      Thank you, Shirley. I think they are too big, and too expensive. I want to stick about 50 butterflies to my wall. I should have explained this better. Sorry.
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Nov 24, 2017
    Carol had a typo, in case you're uncertain what art him means, it's art gum. Depending on the weight and size, either art gum or command strips will work. Wishing you the best.
      Thank you, Linda. I did wonder, but I figured I would look in art supplies and find it. You made it easier. I'm on my way to Walmart!!!

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Nov 24, 2017
    The command adhesive company make mounting squares, some like velcro. Additionally - one of my favorite decorative mounts ---I have used push pins they very nicely hold art projects making a small hole in the wall that is easily spackled
    • See 2 previous
    • Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Nov 24, 2017
      Here is the command mounts that I have as well as rear side instructions where not to use them. Pkg says up to 8x10.
      ......but I still -like using the push pins smiling. Best wishes in your decorating adventures!
  • Sandi Evans Sandi Evans on Nov 24, 2017
    Try very thin straight pins like the ones used for silks and organza
      I should have thought of that! The small heads won't show. AND I don't have to buy anything! Thank you, Sandi.
  • Ana Bacallao Ana Bacallao on Nov 24, 2017
    Command hooks work beautifully for me
  • Stacy Stacy on Nov 24, 2017
    you could get some command strips sticky part or Velcro in a replacement package. I have had good luck using them to hang items and be able to remove them when no longer needed without any damage to wallboard, brick and wood.
      Thanks, Stacy. I guess you mean take sticky part off command strips. I didn't know you could do that. I will try that. If I can cut Velcro small enough not to show, that might work, too. Thanks for your suggestions.
    They have small clear ones that I have used and disappear behind projects.
    • Rut22107192 Rut22107192 on Nov 26, 2017
      Oh. You can seen that I am new to crafting and don't know a lot about the products available. Thanks for your help.
  • Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Nov 24, 2017
    This time of years a good place to look is the holiday lighting area....they have small stick on hooks and velco hooks meant for holiday lighting quite inexpensive if you need to hand a lot of items.
  • Stacy Stacy on Nov 25, 2017
    command strips make Velcro sticky stuff! that works just the same as the command strips. This works well, I have done this to hang a jewelry holder for my mother in law.
  • Kelly Denoyer Russell Kelly Denoyer Russell on Nov 25, 2017
    Sticky Tack 😊
    • See 1 previous
    • Kelly Denoyer Russell Kelly Denoyer Russell on Nov 26, 2017
      Yes. It's in any school or office supply store. Walmart as well. Like a putty type substance. Cheaper than all those command strips. Used for posters all the time. Just squish it in a little blob and use as much or as little as you need. Nice thing is it last forever and for future things as well.
  • Candy Walsh Candy Walsh on Nov 26, 2017
    i love using the command strips, they lay flat on the wall so you can just stick your art right to it and it looks like there's no hanger at all!
    You're very welcome!
  • Stacey Stacey on Jan 22, 2021

3m has wall hanging stichers and theyre easy to get off