Misty
Misty
  • Moncks Corner, SC

Homemade Chalk Paint Recipe - Plaster of Paris

$3.15

Sadly...I've been informed that my addiction to Annie Sloan chalk paint is causing my husband to develop a complex about our bank account. So what's an ASCP addicted girl to do? Make my own chalk paint! See the full tutorial at http://www.paintyourfurniture.com/homemade-chalk-paint-recipe-plaster-of-paris/
1 – 8 ounce pot of paint (this is 1 cup), 
2 1/2 tablespoons of Plaster of Paris, 2 tablespoons of cold water
1 – 8 ounce pot of paint (this is 1 cup), 2 1/2 tablespoons of Plaster of Paris, 2 tablespoons of cold water
The helpful guys at Home Depot will mix these little sample paints in any color you want. Seriously, at about $3 per paint pot, you can’t beat this.
It also dried super fast and when it did try it had the same chalky appearance that the other stuff had. Honestly, I just couldn’t tell much of a difference. I used one coat and then applied my finishing wax and it was pretty awesome.

• Cheryl

can I use this recipe to paint the fabric as well?

• Susan August

Does it matter if the latex is flat, semi or gloss and if so what are they and what do you recommend?

• Jo

Thanks! I can't wait to try this recipe.

• Diana Deiley

Okay, now you did it. Now I'm going to have to try this for myself. Love being frugal. Thanks for sharing.