From Decorative Basket to Useful Organizing Tool

$1

A few years ago I received this decorative basket containing bath products. I love containers and often use them for other than what they were originally intended. This basket made me think of a pegboard or hanging grid. So with the help of a picture hanging kit from the dollar store I put it to work for me.
Basket
This is the basket that inspired me. Any basket could be used with a few modifications.
picture hanging kit
A picture hanging kit from the dollar store. You could also use small S hooks for this, but,I had just purchased the picture hanging kit, so used it, instead of buying the other hooks.
trying the hooks and keys
I hung it on the wall, then experimented with hooking the picture hangers on the wire grid to hang keys.
threaded the charging cord through
Then, I tried feeding my charge cord for my phone through it to see how it would work. In the end, I decided to thread it through at the bottom so that the phone could sit there while charging.
In the end, this set-up worked for me, although it's easily rearranges for a different set-up. All you need is a plug or a USB and your phone and keys are all in one place. I also thought that it would be easy to attach a piece of wood to the back and use cup hooks for the keys if you wanted a different look. Hope this inspires you!

Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash