Confessions of a Serial DIYer
Confessions of a Serial DIYer
  • Virginia Beach, VA

DIY Spice Cabinet

Running out of space inside your cabinets for your spices? How about build a spice cabinet that mounts on the end of your existing kitchen cabinet? I'll show you how!
DIY End-of-cabinet spice cabinet
DIY End-of-cabinet spice cabinet
diy spice cabinet, kitchen cabinets, organizing, storage ideas
Using 1X2s, I cut two 30" and seven 8.5" pieces.
For the door, I mitered 1X2s to fit the opening of the door and secured with L brackets.
I put my hubby to work cutting the metal grate for the door panel. (Thanks, hubby.)
I secured the metal to the frame using a staple gun. You could also use chicken wire or fabric in place of the metal.
Tada!
Tada!
Added the hinges and a magnetic closure... just needs paint.
...and a pretty knob.
...and a pretty knob.
Perfect for organizing my spices!
Perfect for organizing my spices!
No more digging around!
No more digging around!
Looks great too!
Looks great too!
Confessions of a Serial DIYer

• Lisa House

Beautifully done!

• Kym

For 2 1/2 years I have been going crazy trying to figure out where to put all my spices. Today after moving them to their 5th home since I moved here I found your post! I can not wait to start making this! Thank you!