Asked on Nov 25, 2017

My question -- I want to decorate the red cowgirl boots for Christmas

V SmithClairJewellmartin
+6

My question -- I want to decorate the red cowgirl boots like I saw on your website. I need to know if I should stuff the inside of the boots to hold them up so they don't flop over? I'd like to do it for Christmas so I'd like an answer as soon as possible. Thank you!.

• Big lulu
    Big lulu

why not ?
  • If they are real cowgirl boots they should not be "flopping over" - if the boots you have do not stand up straight on their own, use pool noodles, or stuff with tightly rolled newspaper.
    • Linda B
      Linda B

Naomie - Thank you for your ideas. I wouldn't have thought about using pool noodles. Great idea.
  • Jewellmartin
    Jewellmartin

Yes. You can stuff a plastic grocery bag or an old tall white sock with other grocery bags (think Walmart), other socks, T-shirt’s, sacks of beans or rice; whatever you have that is flexible. Then stuff the boots, stopping a few inches from the top so the stuffing won’t be seen. Please take photos as you go so you can post on Hometalk! 😇
    • Linda B
      Linda B

Thank you Jewell for your good ideas. I'll try to remember to take pics to post.

• Clair
    Clair

Put egg cartons inside boots to keep them standing up.
    • Clair
      Clair

I save egg cartons for people with chickens & trade 20- 30 of them for a fresh dozen eggs. There is a new mom/ pop store here, that sold boots; display was less than stellar, so I went in there and gave them 20. Looks great. Good way to keep your boots in shape at home, too. Thx!
  • V Smith
    V Smith

Pool noodles may help.