DIY - Hanging Shelf

$5

I had some left over wood from a previous project and wanted to quick create something new! You can read through my step by step instructions or just watch the video below! Check out my YouTube channel for more quick projects, or my Instagram Spruced.Sticks for photos of my projects!
DIY - Hanging Shelf!
The first thing was to grab your wood, measure how long you want your shelf to be and cut it to size! You could also just head to your local lumber store and tell them the size of wood you want, they should be able to cut it right there for you!
After sanding and wiping down my wood I picked a stain I wanted and applied it with a rag.
I had some extra rope from a previous project. I picked this up at Hobby Lobby for a few dollars.
Depending on how low you want your shelf to hang, measure two pieces of rope I made mine roughly 3 feet long.
I took one piece of yarn and tied the ends together creating a loop where the two ends connect. Do this to both ropes.
All you need to do is slip the wood board through the loops and hang!
Check out the video above for a step by step demonstration!

• Lisa West

This is great idea. Love it. Thank you for sharing.

• Love this! I'd seen this before with leather straps instead of string or yarn. I'm doing this today for my laundry room and my art studio/office. Thanks