Asked on Nov 27, 2017

How can I remove olive oil stains from clothing?

EbbjdlEllisChr14547843
+5

• Helen
    Helen

I use Shout. Best I've ever used.
  • Carol Janssen
    Carol Janssen

I [take out oil stains with Dawn dish soap - rub the stain with the dish soap and let it set for 10 or 15 min. and then wash as the clothing states. I have had luck even when the stain has set for awhile. Better success if you haven't washed the item yet and then try to remove. Again have had success even after a wash I just let it set longer with the soap rubbed in. Hope this helps
    • Montana Marie
      Montana Marie

Hmm.. makes a lot of sense.. considering that's what they specifically use for oil spills in our seas and waterways.. Great.. taking this tip with me.. thank you!
  • V Smith
    V Smith

Treat the stain on a dry garment with waterless hand cleaner like GoJo or Goop, then launder as usual. These hand cleaners are designed to disolve grease and oil and then wash away with soap and water.
  • Chr14547843
    Chr14547843

Lemon juice.
  • Ellis
    Ellis

I have used Shout or Dawn, and had good results with both. The important thing is to wash the item using one treatment, then hang it to dry when you take it out of the washer, because putting the item in the clothes dryer will set any remaining stain and make it almost impossible to remove.

After the item air dries, you will be able to see if the grease stain was completely removed. If not, try the other treatment, wash again, then air dry again.
  • Ebbjdl
    Ebbjdl

Wash in hot water with Lestoil only. Rewash with detergent