Asked on Nov 27, 2017

Cleaning question - removing pet stains

GeeswonderlandSandie FettyDORLIS
+9

Pet stains on curtains and carpets - what solution to use to remove stains

• Janice
    Janice

Resolve pet carpet cleaner full strength
  • 2dogal
    2dogal

The best thing to use is a commercial pet stain remover as it has enzymes in it that will remove the smell (that only dogs can smell) and they won't pee there again.
  • Jaggwire
    Jaggwire

Enzyme cleaner. (Found some at Walmart.) If the stains are older, try hydrogen peroxide--the kind you get at a dollar store. Pour generously over the stain, brush with a soft brush (like a baby's hairbrush), and dab-rinse with water.
  • Castrang17
    Castrang17

Rent a steam cleaning machine or purchase a small pet stain remover machine that you will find in DIY stores or discount stores in the “as seen on TV“ section.
  • Pmono7690
    Pmono7690

I have used 1cup of Oxyclean to 1 gallon of water. Soak a towel and leave soggy. Lay on stain overnight. In the morning remove towel and let dry. Test for color fast before using. This will also work on concrete that has smelly pet stains. Just mop on heavily and let dry.
  • DORLIS
    DORLIS

Go to Jackson Galaxy's site, he has a cleaner that really works. I have had up to 10 cats and I have used it for years.
    • DORLIS
      DORLIS

And he knows cats and people. Have you ever noticed that many of the "problem" cats are caused by their owners? I remember one story where they changed the litter box every 2 weeks. I could never get by with that, Dee wakes me up in the middle of the night because one corner of her favorite box is soiled and then waits for me to clean it before she goes into it .
  • Sandie Fetty
    Sandie Fetty

I know this may sound strange, but the BEST cleaning product on the market is only $1.00!!!! It's AWESOME, I swear if awesome doesn't get it out, it's not gonna come out! If you can wash your drapes, simply add a cup of awesome to the filled tub with your regular detergent, and about 1 C. of baking soda (removes ALL urine smell) and wash and dry as usual. When it comes to the carpet, mix equal parts of awesome and HOT water, sprinkle stain with a good layer of baking soda, and spray stained area until all soda is wet.....let dry. Spray lightly again and using a scrub brush (or a broom with very stiff bristles) SCRUB! let dry and vac, repeat if needed. OLE' should be stain free!
  • Geeswonderland
    Geeswonderland

For a few dollars- for rugs- baking soda. vinegar. scrubbing brush. dry towel/rag/paper towels. -to blot wetness- did this to make sure there was no color, if so do it again.. this will bubble btw!! curtains sorry cut them-hem them. so there's no more of that..(is it a cat?)