Build an Outdoor Sink and Connect It to the Outdoor Spigot

2-3 Hours
I have wanted an outdoor sink forever and finally got around to building one! I used pressure treated lumber from the cull bin at Home Depot (extra cheap!), an old sink, an old faucet, and plumbing parts from the hardware store! I connected the faucet to the same water line my garden hose is connected to... and I love it!
build an outdoor sink and connect it to the outdoor spigot, diy, outdoor living, plumbing, woodworking projects, The completed sink and stand
The completed sink and stand...
It was so easy to connect the faucet to the outdoor spigot - just a few inexpensive parts from the hardware store. The drain is a regular "tee" which, for now, drains into a bucket but will eventually run through a PVC line into the drainage path in front of the house.
build an outdoor sink and connect it to the outdoor spigot, diy, outdoor living, plumbing, woodworking projects, Connection
Connection...
build an outdoor sink and connect it to the outdoor spigot, diy, outdoor living, plumbing, woodworking projects, Running water
Running water!
Cher @ Designs By Studio C

Questions on this post

Your question...
  2 questions

Comments

2 of 53 comments
  • Pdxdrummer Pdxdrummer on Feb 22, 2018
    Stumbled across this neat project while searching for simplest design for fittings to garden hose to save me a half hour of scratching my head in the plumbing section at the Depot. I'm wanting a "y" configuration for both sides active. I didn't see what you did but suspect one side was capped or maybe the 2 handle design doesn't allow bypass like the single handle mixer does.

To add to your creation here I might suggest a little garden fountain pump dropped in the bucket with a small hose run out to a garden bed so you never have to pull out the bucket. Be sure it's plugged into a proper exterior GFCI protected outlet or just get a portable GFCI to connect intermediately.

• Stephcicc Stephcicc on Sep 27, 2018

Would be even more awesome if the water flow could be controlled a foot pump. I would think that most of the time one is using this, their hands are dirty and would avoid touching faucet knobs with dirty hands.

Next