Repurposed Spindle Angels

$5

These two spindle angels were made from a couple wood spindles, and a few things that I had on hand along with a metal pot that I picked up at hobby lobby to use as the other base.
repurposed spindle angels
This first spindle angel, and my favorite of the two was made out of a wood spindle, and a glass globe from a light fixture is the base. I wanted it a little darker so I mixed some Mod Podge, and coffee granules. Then painted the glass globe with the mixture.

The wings were made out of annealed wire. The halo is made from coated wire. Burlap and lace was added where the globe, and spindle come together. A wrought iron key dangles around the neck of the angel from a piece of twine.
repurposed spindle angels
I wanted this angel to be different than the first, but didn't have anything that was working for the base. So off to Hobby Lobby to find a base for my second angel. I found this pretty little rustic pot that would work.
repurposed spindle angels
For this angel I used chalk paint as well on the spindle, with some sanding for distressing. I added the same burlap and lace ribbon around the bottom of the spindle. The little pot that I bought was flipped over then the spindle was glued down.

repurposed spindle angels
The wings were made from burlap that was painted with Mod Podge to make them stiff. The halo was made from annealed wire, and a wrought iron key dangles from the neck of this rustic angel by some twine like the first angel.

I had most of everything on hand so it only cost me the price of the pot.

Linda @ Mixed Kreations