Should I paint my garage doors black?

We are having our house painted this spring and I really want to paint the garage doors black. The problem is that the house is west facing and gets blaring summer sun with high heat. My biggest concern would be the door warping or fading and looking really bad. Does anyone have any experience with a black garage door, and if so, is there a particular paint/sheen that you would recommend? We are keeping the same colors on the house when we repaint. I don't have a problem with touching it up every few years.

• Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA

Personally, I wouldn't. That is two large black spots in the front of your house.

• B.J. B
      B.J. B Lexington, MI

I agree with Jeanette. I probably would paint them the same color as the house to try to make them disappear. Your house is very pretty and you should draw attention to it not your garage. I do like black because it is a rich accent color but I think it would be too much.