Asked on Nov 29, 2017

How do I stop cat tagging?

PaigeBobbie MillerBarbara
+4

How do I stop neighborhood cats from tagging my house? I have unsightly piss marks around the foundation.

• Dianacirce70
    Dianacirce70

Hopefully one of these ideas can help you... Place orange peels around your yard to deter cats from coming near your home. Spray your porch and door with a commercial cat repellent that contains a citrus oil. The scent will smell pleasant to you but unpleasant to the cat. Other essential oils, like eucalyptus, citronella and lavender also deter cats.
  • Bijous
    Bijous

Motion detector sprinkler heads. They'll move on very quickly.
  • Rachel's Trash~2~Treasures
    Rachel's Trash~2~Treasures

If and when you find something that works, could ya please share it with me? I have a crazy cat lady next door who has 20+ cats. My kids can't play outside without me first doing a poop inspection. They poop EVERYWHERE. Doesn't matter if they can't bury it. Even on our patio. I have tried commercial products and several home remedies to no avail. We have fleas inside and out have sprayed and bombed several times with verrry short lasting results. We don't even have furry pets! I have no idea what to do
  • Bobbie Miller
    Bobbie Miller

I have used OUT ADVANCED SEVERE URINE DESTROYER works great
  • Barbara
    Barbara

We used moth balls. I bought 4 boxes of moth balls and sprinkled them around our foundation. DO NOT use the crystals moth repellant as they dissipate into the soil and loose their effectiveness.
  • Bobbie Miller
    Bobbie Miller

Bought at walmart
  • Paige
    Paige

Sorry for chiming in to this thread so late, but I just had to share this in case it helps someone out. I wish I had gotten this advice years ago as a cat owner.

My best advice?

Give the book " Ultimate Cat Secrets" a read.

It really is the only long-term solution to discipline your cat, OP.

This might come as a surprise to you, but your cat actually wants to obey you.

It’s kitty’s independent, sassy nature that makes you fall in love with him, but it’s this very attitude that makes it frustrating to train fun behaviours into your favourite feline.

Cats respond best to positive reinforcement – yelling, punishing or disciplining your cat just won’t work.

In my opinion, Ultimate Cat Secrets is a must-have for all cat lovers. It's not just a cat training manual – it’s one of the quickest and most comprehensive guides to living with a cat that I’ve ever seen.

The easy access audio format makes it a breeze to digest from your computer or your mobile device and the lessons inside are easy to implement. And if that’s not enough for you, ordering now will score you FIVE great bonuses:

1) How to toilet train your cat and get rid of that stinky litter box forever.

2) Extra tips audio program which includes basic first aid and tips on my favourite kitty calming remedy.

3) Pet medical recorder – an absolute essential for parents of asthma cats or any kitty with a chronic medical condition.

4) Downloadable transcripts of the entire program and all the bonus materials.

5) 100 recipes to pamper your feline friend.

I HIGHLY recommend it.

Here's a link to their site