The DIY Playbook
The DIY Playbook
  • Chicago, IL

How to Save Your Christmas Cards for Years to Come!

$5

Come January, we're both excited to organize and purge our homes. But there's one thing we can't bear to toss into the trash...all of those gorgeous Christmas cards we received over the holiday season.

There's just something so special about this snail mail and we've come up with a way to preserve our cards each and every year.
how to save your christmas cards for years to come
First, gather all of your holiday cards into one spot and grab a hole punch.
Then go through and organize your cards so they're all going the same way. We like to create horizontal Christmas Card books, so we put a hole in the upper left hand corner.
Then take a binder ring and thread it through the holes of all of your cards. You can find a wide variety of binder ring sizes at your local office supply store or get them right here.
We always like to make a back and front cover for our Christmas card booklets that says the year. That way you can keep all of your cards organized and in order from year to year.

We love saving our cards, especially because you can put the booklet out on your coffee table for everyone to look back at the old cards and pictures from year's past.

For the full step-by-step tutorial check out this blog post.

The DIY Playbook

• Cathy

Love my Christmas cards, I go one step farther. I use photos of the card senders and make a scrap book for each year. I also save the top of the envelope with the address and cancelled stamp. Now I have a current address and a collectible stamp. Because.."everybody knows one day we won't be using stamps, lol."
  • Yvonne Kostka

Great idea! I use my old cards as gift tags! Same principal, hole in corner, run ribbon through and attach to gift. I only use the front and use my scrap booking zig zag scissors to make a cool edging around card design. Saves a bundle on gift tags and can be reused.