Misty
Misty
  • Moncks Corner, SC

Painted and Upholstered Wingback Chair

I recently picked up this gorgeous carved chair that had a beautiful shape but ratty fabric. I decided to paint and reupholster it. You can see the entire process with instructions at http://www.diyhomeinterior.com/painted-and-upholstered-wingback-chair-reveal/
painted and upholstered wingback chair, chalk paint, painted furniture, reupholster
The chair before any work began.
The fabric and staples were carefully ripped off using just a set of needle nose pliers.
The chair completely stripped of fabric and staples.
I painted all of the wood with my black homemade chalk paint.
After attaching all the fabric, I hot glued the trim onto the edges with staples showing.
The finished chair, ready to make its way into my home.

To see more: http://www.diyhomeinterior.com/painted-and-upholstered-wingback-chair-reveal/

• Debra Anderson

I have 2 wingbacks that have material covered arms that need recovering. They're my favorite kind of chairs.

• Anita K

Outstanding results! I am ready to redo my dining room chairs - had a terrible time with the electric stapler. It just wasn't a good model. What brand and model type stapler did you use, Misty?