Kerry Ann Bruno
Kerry Ann Bruno
  • Shirley, NY

Clean Green Mold Off Vinyl Siding With Out a Pressure Washer!

$10

I am a new home owner, and while looking for our home (we live very close to the water) I promised myself I'd never let the green algea, mold stuff grow on my home.
Fast forward a year and a half, we now have the stuff growing on the house, hubby was ready to go spend money on a high tech pressure washer, but in my opinion its not logical so close to Christmas.
So today I set out to scrub it away
before
before
Mix the borax, bleach, dish soap and hot water in your bucket.
Before
Before
Start at the top of the dirty area and dunk brush in solution get it nice and wet, scrub across the siding then go down, across again then down, working across then down a row. Make sure your brush stays wet.
After
After
wipe clean with the old towel. You could rinse with a hose, but the area that I was working on the hose does not reach.
This takes the green stuff right off, just be careful around plants!

Side by side
Side by side