I would like to lower the height of the chandelier.

+3
q i would like to lower the height of the chandelier
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Nov 30, 2017
    Call in an Electrician..........
  • Pam McAlpin Bird Pam McAlpin Bird on Nov 30, 2017
    Call an electrician unless you know how to rewire the fixture. You will also need to find more links for the chain.
  • Ken Ken on Nov 30, 2017
    IF you can rewire a lamp, you can do this because that is all this is. IF you are not confident rewiring a lamp, call an electrician.

Come to think of it, if you are confident rewiring a lamp you would not need me to tell you how to do this.

Reminds me of folks to whom I give car advice asking how to put new brakes on their car. Same answer. It's not difficult, but you can mess it up. If you do make an error the consequences could be bad.
  • Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Nov 30, 2017
    Sometimes the additional wire up shoved up inside the box, but you will still need to add more chain, even if there is additional wiring already there. If you are comfortable rewiring it all you need to do is turn off the power to the fixture, take it down, add the extra wire and chain and rehang. If you are not comfortable doing that, find a friend who knows how, or call an electrician.
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Nov 30, 2017
    Call an electrician to do the job, you don't need a fire.