What can I do to keep wasps from making nest under my porch?

+1
  • Bijous Bijous on Nov 30, 2017
    Now is the season to get rid of them for good. Early in the morning spray their nest. Tomorrow do it again. Once you're sure they're gone, knock down the nest and dispose of. Clean the "starter" piece off well along with the rest of the ceiling. Paint the ceiling a sky blue. The color confuses them into thinking it is part of the sky. They will not nest there again. And the blue makes the porch so lovely. This is a very old trick.
  • Bre10108932 Bre10108932 on Nov 30, 2017
    I use a brown paper lunch bag. I stuff it with a piece of newspaper and tie the neck closed. I hang it under my patio. Wasps think other wasps have set up housekeeping and they move on. I forgot to do it this spring and I got wasps.
  • Sug22162459 Sug22162459 on Nov 30, 2017
    I have heard that lemon spray works.
  • Ken Ken on Nov 30, 2017
    Pesky wildlife always trying to retake their territory. I always keep some of that knock 'em out of the sky stuff on the shelf. You cannot stop them from starting a nest. But you can stop them from completing it.