Steps to Redoing a Bathroom

Ready of redo my bathroom and wondering in what order to: (1) paint, (2) replace vanity/sink, and (3) lay peel and stick vinyl tile. Thank you!

• Bijous Bijous on Nov 30, 2017
    1. Remove vanity and toilet
    2. Cover tub/shower
    3. Make sure the floor is level. Clean floor according to the directions on the peel and stick and stick down your tile covering the floor and close to the toilet flange. Using this method you will have less cuts than having to cut around the toilet and around the new vanity.
    4. Cover the new floor and paint. Not having to paint around a toilet and vanity makes the job so much easier.
    5. Place your toilet back in using a new wax ring or one of the new cushion insert products for the toilet. Caulk around toilet as necessary.
    6. Put in your new vanity, mirror and don't forget about new lighting. You can make all the updates you want, but if the lighting is inadequate, the room still looks dull. Good luck.
  • Barb Barb on Nov 30, 2017
    (1) replace sink (2) paint and (3) floor tile
  • Karen Pullen Karen Pullen on Nov 30, 2017
    And...when I paint and replace the floor, do I need to remove all of the molding pieces, i.e. those around the flooring and under the door. I think they're meant to keep the flooring down? Thanks again.