Clean hard water deposits off solarium windows - both inside and out

+4
Have very hard water in our area.
The water from sprinkling out side hits the glass of the solarium window when watering and we had an fountain in the house that worked well for humidity for orchids and other plants, but the spray has put a deposit on the inside of the window as well. Any suggestions??

• Amanda Amanda on Nov 30, 2017
    Hi Cheryl. Make a paste of vinegar and baking soda. Then scrub it on. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Good Luck!
  • Kauai Breeze Kauai Breeze on Nov 30, 2017
    You can try plain white vinegar. Put it in a spray bottle and wet the window. Lay paper towels or newpaper flat against the window and spray more vinegar on it until it is saturated. The paper will hold the vinegar on the window for a little while. After 10 minutes or so, peel off the paper and squeegee the glass or dry with paper towels. You can also use CLR - a product they sell to remove calcium, lime, and rust from surfaces, but vinegar is much cheaper.
  • Becky Becky on Nov 30, 2017
    you can try using "the works" but you have to work quickly as it has acid in it but it can be found at Walmart for $2.00. I use a razor blade to see how bad the calcium is so I will know what I am up against.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Nov 30, 2017
    white vinegar and water 50/50 a dab of blue dawn dish soap and a dab of jet dry
  • Vicky Davis Vicky Davis on Dec 01, 2017
    I use HOT vinegar to spray on my shower walls, I wonder if that would help the process for you?
  • Dorothy Todd-Jonasson Dorothy Todd-Jonasson on Dec 01, 2017
    Try turpentine on a soft cloth
  • Blah Blah on Dec 02, 2017
    All good advice BUT my husband just picked up a product from the auto glass shop last week that blew us away. AMAZ water stain remover, the label gives a web address of amaz.biz. I’m going to buy a gallon of the stuff. If it could remove 30 years of water stains from his 1987 3/4 ton Suburban that has sat outside all that time, it can clean anything!!!