How do you change french doors in your home?

+1
Should I get a carpenter to do it? Our's is 24 years old and a lot of air has been coming in around them over the years, and we need to replace it.
Thanks, Donna

• Rhoda Rhoda on Nov 30, 2017
    You could probably remove the doors yourself, but I'd have a professional hang new doors to make sure they clear the floor, open and close properly, etc. French doors are so beautiful and it's important they're hung correctly.
  • Pascale Nguyen Pascale Nguyen on Nov 30, 2017
    We are having the same problem and are have people come to estimate the cost. So much to consider because I didn't know there were so many doors available on the market.
  • 27524803 27524803 on Nov 30, 2017
    Many of the home improvement stores like Home Depot and Lowe's offer guaranteed installation at a less that contractor price (when you buy the doors there) HomeAdvisor.com or AngiesList.com could assist you in finding a verified one if you need a good contractor to do it for you.
    Depending on your DIY knowledge and home improvement skills... you could do it yourself... level and plumb are the key and lots of shims and spray foam insulation.
  • Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Nov 30, 2017
    Sometimes changing out doors can run into problems. I would get someone who has the expertise to do a good job. You will need new locks too. Make sure the door is insulated properly before putting your inside trim back.