How to keep out runoff water from elevated slope behind my house?

+6
Water is getting past my door of crawl space how Can I keep water out it runs downhill to my house

• Rhoda Rhoda on Nov 30, 2017
    Call a landscaper to evaluate the problem and to offer suggestions. It might also be a good idea to call several landscapers in order to get different quotes on a cost to fix the problem. Don't hesitate to ask questions and to ask for any discounts.
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Nov 30, 2017
    I live on a hill, both from south to north and west to east. We have two steep terraces in the back yard. The run off from the west to east hill goes from the top of the hill up the block to where it levels out almost at the end of the long block. At the bottom of our lower tier there is a small channel that takes care of the run off from both of the hills. It is not noticeable other than in the spring when we are having runoff from the snow thawing. You could put in an area like that and cover it with stones like a small dry creek bed.
  • Swinnen Lisette Swinnen Lisette on Nov 30, 2017
    Try to dig a gutter that can contain the water and lead to the right place?
  • Sharon Sharon on Nov 30, 2017
    You need to put in a French Drain that leads either out to the street and storm drain, or to an area where it won't cause damage..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f6_O7NuOGM
  • 27524803 27524803 on Nov 30, 2017
    Start by contacting a landscape architect or engineer (HomeAdvisor.com or AngiesList.com can help you find a verified one) to tell you what needs and what can be done to fix it... there are ways to put a drain in your yard that will collect the run off and move it into the sewers or another area that can better handle the runoff.... it would better to spend money once and get it fixed... than spend money on several "make do" fixes that don't permanently work.
  • Kim Kim on Nov 30, 2017
    It sounds like that’s a big job you are facing.
    While you are working on ditches or drains for your runoff, you can sandbag or build a berm between the slope and your house and direct the water away.
    😊
  • Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Nov 30, 2017
    I would have a trench dug at the bottom where the water is cascading, install perforated drainage tile and steer the water into a different direction. Do not let any drainage water go into your sewer system. A major rain storm could have it back up and cause other major problems.