My tenants complain that the music or tv is loud-suggestions/solutions

  6 answers
  • Swinnen Lisette Swinnen Lisette on Nov 30, 2017
    First of all, if I were you : ask your tenants if you can visit her whilst your music or tv is on a normal volume. So you can check if it is really too loud.
    It is possible that your tenants have a problem with their ears, or just can't stand any noise. If that's so, you could put, for example a shiplap wall or other acoustic insulation on the wall that separates your appartements or houses.. The fact that you are trying to do something about their complaint will reassure them.
  • J2 J2 on Nov 30, 2017
    Get thee to a doctor to check your hearing. You may be missing some beautiful sounds. The solution may be simple and not scary at all: my Mum's hearing problem was traced to an excess of earwax.
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Nov 30, 2017
    Take speakers away from the walls and floors, that helps. It transmits through the floor by what the speakers or TV are sitting on. If my son is in the basement and my husbands phone alarm goes off while it is on a table above his room, he comes up to turn it off as the vibration on the phone comes down through the floor from the table legs.
  • 27524803 27524803 on Nov 30, 2017
    There may be no insulation or sound proofing between your units.. installing a layer of sound proofing dry wall on both sides of the common walls should take care of most of the problem..(just add over existing) If you cannot do the work yourself ... or should give you the names of verified handymen or contractors that can help you out..
    • See 2 previous
    • M.rivera M.rivera on Dec 14, 2017
      thanks Marty
  • Molly Anmar Molly Anmar on Nov 30, 2017
Your comment...