Ideas for storing silverware - very small kitchen drawers

+8
My new apartment has only to drawers, two very small drawers. I do not what to do with my silverware

• Peg Peg on Nov 30, 2017
    You can use large tin cans with labels removed to put your silverware in or go to your local dollar store and buy some of the neat colored containers. I use a several of those type of containers. Its easy to just grab what you need rather than getting them from a drawer anyway. One of the containers I use is a glass vase.
  • Janice Davis Janice Davis on Nov 30, 2017
    Try metal desk top pencil holders on the countertop, or mason jar wall holder to save counter space. Pencil holders could be mounted, too.
  • Bil24936768 Bil24936768 on Nov 30, 2017
    My kitchen is the same way, I got a tupperware small cabinet that looks like wood grain that matches my rustic kitchen. I found a spot on the sink next to the fridge where it fits perfectly! It has three drawers in it and I put three dividers in each drawer! Perfect for silverware!!
  • Suellen Hintz Suellen Hintz on Nov 30, 2017
    A stand-up countertop or tabletop container would save your drawers. Add a small cart or island for more storage.
  • Lynda Lynda on Nov 30, 2017
    I have had this a couple of times. Can you put a small curtain rod above your counters? If so, hang the rod, get some S hooks, drill holes in some clean cans, and hangs them up. I painted my cans different colors and they looked great against the striped wallpaper. If you can't put a rod up, cans or mason jars look great too.
  • Janet Panos Janet Panos on Nov 30, 2017
    Hello - Here are more options for storing your forks, knives, and spoons. Click on the link below to see what Pinterest is showing as options:

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Nov 30, 2017
    Take the inside measurements of your drawers. Go to the dollar store and purchase the plastic containers. They can be fitted in side by side to make the desired pattern you need. There are smaller cutlery trays too that have the double section, one on top of the other which slides. You may find one to fit.
  • Emily Emily on Nov 30, 2017
    well if it is real silver (even plate) it will tarnish exposed to air. If it is stainless steel, what about heavy based open topped containers? One for each type of piece. I have no drawers in my kitchen and use this (it had been a mail sorter and my husband made the drawers.) this is where I keep my silverware and lots of other things. top row, teaspoons, forks, knives, then large spoons.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Nov 30, 2017
    https://www.hometalk.com/28934107/diy-silverware-caddy