DIY Mason Jar Christmas Snow Globe

$10

Homemade gift giving has never been cuter with these DIY mason jar snow globes for Christmas. Fill them with your favorite homemade treats for friends and families this holiday season.
diy mason jar christmas snow globe
As a child I had many different collections, and my snow globe collection was one of my largest. I was always fascinated by the whimsical scenes: the beautiful, dainty snow and the adorable, miniature landscapes. To this day, I still find snow globes magical. When I decided to gift my Christmas Spiced Tea (recipe found on my blog, link on profile page) in mason jars I knew I needed to incorporate snow globes to fit the magic of Christmas. 

Hallmark's Home & Family television show recently  featured a mason jar snow globe tutorial. I was inspired by their tutorial to make my own mason jar snow globe. See the simple steps below. 
diy mason jar christmas snow globe
To make your own version of a mason jar snow globe you will need: 
  • Mason Jar
  • (affiliate link) Half of a Clear Ornament Ball. They come in different sizes. I used 80 mm to fit my large mouth mason jar.
  • Plastic Snow
  • Miniature Christmas Ornaments
  • White Cardstock
  • Pencil
  • Hot Glue Gun with Glue Sticks
  • Scissors
  • Gift Tag Materials
diy mason jar christmas snow globe
Step 1: Trace the jar lid onto the white cardstock. Cut the cardstock to fit the top of the jar lid. 
diy mason jar christmas snow globe
Step 2: Hot glue the cardstock to the top of the jar lid. 
diy mason jar christmas snow globe
diy mason jar christmas snow globe
Step 3: Determine the placement of the miniature ornaments. Ensure the ornaments fit properly under the plastic dome ornament (not too tall or wide) before you permanently secure the ornaments. Then hot glue the ornaments directly to the cardstock. 

*Don't worry about using too much glue. The faux snow will hide the glue. 
diy mason jar christmas snow globe
Step 4: Once the hot glue is dry sprinkle the plastic snow around the ornaments. You can add as much or as little snow as your heart desires. Keep the outer rim of the cardstock circle clear so the plastic dome ornament can later be glued to the edge.
diy mason jar christmas snow globe
Step 5: Hot glue the plastic dome ornament to the outer edge of the cardstock. 
diy mason jar christmas snow globe
Step 6: Add a festive string and a gift tag, to include mixing and heating instructions (if you gift my Christmas Spiced Tea, recipe found on my blog). 

Step 7: Enjoy gifting your cute, homemade snow globes full of delicious treats.
diy mason jar christmas snow globe
Elizabeth at Country Peony

• Jean T Bell

Gonna try this...have all pieces but really have no idea what to use to cut the plastic ornament, even have the jars filled!!!🎄

• Namma
    3 hours ago

I would like to make these beautiful ideas for our Church Craft Show. I would really like to have a set of directions to make it easier for us older people.

• Glad you like them. I love the idea of making them for your church craft show! Please feel free to email me at elizabeth@countrypeony.com and I can see about getting you a simple set of instructions without the pictures. Thank you!