DIY Mason Jar Christmas Snow Globe

$10

Homemade gift giving has never been cuter with these DIY mason jar snow globes for Christmas. Fill them with your favorite homemade treats for friends and families this holiday season.

As a child I had many different collections, and my snow globe collection was one of my largest. I was always fascinated by the whimsical scenes: the beautiful, dainty snow and the adorable, miniature landscapes. To this day, I still find snow globes magical. When I decided to gift my Christmas Spiced Tea (recipe found on my blog, link on profile page) in mason jars I knew I needed to incorporate snow globes to fit the magic of Christmas. 

Hallmark's Home & Family television show recently  featured a mason jar snow globe tutorial. I was inspired by their tutorial to make my own mason jar snow globe. See the simple steps below. 

To make your own version of a mason jar snow globe you will need: 

• Mason Jar
  • (affiliate link) Half of a Clear Ornament Ball. They come in different sizes. I used 80 mm to fit my large mouth mason jar.
  • Plastic Snow
  • Miniature Christmas Ornaments
  • White Cardstock
  • Pencil
  • Hot Glue Gun with Glue Sticks
  • Scissors
  • Gift Tag Materials

Step 1: Trace the jar lid onto the white cardstock. Cut the cardstock to fit the top of the jar lid. 

Step 2: Hot glue the cardstock to the top of the jar lid. 

Step 3: Determine the placement of the miniature ornaments. Ensure the ornaments fit properly under the plastic dome ornament (not too tall or wide) before you permanently secure the ornaments. Then hot glue the ornaments directly to the cardstock. 

*Don't worry about using too much glue. The faux snow will hide the glue. 

Step 4: Once the hot glue is dry sprinkle the plastic snow around the ornaments. You can add as much or as little snow as your heart desires. Keep the outer rim of the cardstock circle clear so the plastic dome ornament can later be glued to the edge.

Step 5: Hot glue the plastic dome ornament to the outer edge of the cardstock. 

Step 6: Add a festive string and a gift tag, to include mixing and heating instructions (if you gift my Christmas Spiced Tea, recipe found on my blog). 

Step 7: Enjoy gifting your cute, homemade snow globes full of delicious treats.

15 Memorial Day Crafts
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Elizabeth at Country Peony

• Indy

YESSSSS! I being looking for the special gift for my son teacher and I think I just found it. 😊

• Sav48493429

Where can you buy the plastic dome ornament?

• Mar

I have a wall aquarium but it is too hard to mauntain.what can i put on the glass as a nice project?

• Elizabeth at Country Peony

Hello Mar, I am not very familiar with wall aquariums, but it may be fun to change it into a terrarium for succulents, a fairy garden, or a place to house holiday decor? I hope this helps!