Leather Bookmarks

$10

These easy leather bookmarks are super simple to create…no crafting skills required. I love that you can customize the design on the leather bookmark so it works for literally anyone on your list…male or female, young or old!
STEP 1. CUT LEATHER.
I used a rotary tool, cutting mat and ruler to cut my leather down to shapes approximately 1.5” wide and 6” to 7” inches tall. If you don’t have a rotary, scissors will work too.
STEP 2. APPLY STICKER.
Since I made four different designs of DIY leather bookmarks, I had lots of room for creativity here. I used different various stickers I had on hand to create my designs. For two of the bookmarks, I made my own stickers with contact paper (the mountains and cross).
STEP 3. WAX OVER STICKERS.
Using a clean cloth you don’t mind ruining (or staining rag), gently wipe dark wax over the front of the bookmark…yep, right over those stickers. This will stain the leather that is exposed.
STEP 4. REMOVE STICKERS & LET DRY.
After you’re done waxing the bookmark, remove the stickers. Then give the bookmarks time to dry. I left mine overnight and it was perfect.

STEP 5. DECORATE LEATHER BOOKMARK.
Here’s the fun part! Decorate your DIY leather bookmarks to your hearts consent! I found the paint pen worked well writing on the leather.
STEP 6. ADD HOLE & TIE STRING TOPPER.
Next, add a hole to the top of the bookmark. If you have a leather hole punch, you could use that, of course. Since I don’t have one, I just used scissors to make a small X. It worked perfectly! Lastly, cut a piece of leather cording about 10 inches long and loop through the hole.
Aren't these leather bookmarks so simple?? These DIY leather bookmarks are such easy handmade Christmas gifts. Bookmarks are also an extremely versatile gift, so they really do work well for anyone on your list! The fact that you can design and decorate your leather bookmarks any way you want makes them easy to personalize for the giftee. Customize with their name, initials, favorite quote or bible verse.

Hop on over to this blog post to see more pictures and details for this leather bookmark tutorial!

Chelsea @ Making Manzanita

• Li

My mom in law is a minister & would LOVE this! Thnx for the idea!!

• Debra

I can not wapit to try this for chrismas gifts.. Thanks