Anybody know some easy Christmas crafts to do with seniors

+2
My mother in law lives in a senior assisted living home (similar to a nursing home) I'd like to find some easy crafts to do with them.

• SandyG SandyG on Nov 30, 2017
    Here on Hometalk are tons of craft ideas. Some less difficult than others. I love the button crafts because most of us with a little "age" on us remember our mom's or grandmother's had a button jar/metal container. Click on the link below.

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=Crafts%20in%20Christmas
  • Cindy Cindy on Nov 30, 2017
    You could string popcorn and either put it on their Christmas tree or outside for the birds. Or, you could make "Christmas mice". They're made with felt. 2 pieces. One like a tear shape and the other like a peanut shape. The tear is the body, the peanut are the ears. Cut 2 slits near the point of the tear shaped one and insert the peanut thru them. Then glue a small red pom pom at the point for the nose. Add 2 google eyes. Then you feed a candy cane thru the under side of the ears. The hook of the candy cane becomes the tail. I used to make these with kids - Room Mother. Cute and inexpensive. They could be used as gifts too.
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Nov 30, 2017
    I’m so glad you are doing this, and hope you consider continuing year round, maybe once a month. If you are consistent, the nursing home activities will probably put your time on the center’s calendar. Kelly’s Krafts. If there is time before Christmas, choose crafts that everyone can finish one item, but those who are more agile and motivated can make more to give away or sell. Best wishes 😇
  • Cheryl Rowland Cheryl Rowland on Nov 30, 2017
    You could try making simple ornaments out of felt, pipe cleaners, sparkles, etc. You could make Gingerbread men in the same fashion or even make loops of felt with to make chains. If they are able to see to do detail work may be getting coloring books or sheets of paper and colored pencils I would do as much preparation work as possible to make it easier for you and any participants.