Why are my knockout roses dying?

+1
I have knockout roses in my front yard and back yard. For some reason they are all doing well except the four roses planted in the very front of the yard near the road. They are all just turning black and dying. I do not have this problem further up the yard or in the back? I know these roses are very disease resistant and can't figure out why only the four bushes up front keep dying? I have replanted two and they are dying. I have other roses much older and they are fine. Can anyone figure this out?

Thanks!

• Erica Smith Erica Smith on Nov 30, 2017
    Could possibly be the soil they're in?! If you have older ones close to the area that are doing well maybe the particular spots of these 4 has a fungus or something going on?
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Nov 30, 2017
    If you live in an area that gets ice and snow in the winter, it is possible the salt or chemicals may be leaching into the soil and causing problems with your roses. If you have had them where they are before and not had a problem, perhaps you should check to see if they changed what they are using. If that isn't the problem, I would have the soil analyzed that is in this area and see if that could be the problem.
  • Patti Patti on Nov 30, 2017
    if your city sprays roadside weeds it’s possible they have been sprayed.

• Diane Diane on Dec 07, 2017
    Have you for red spiders? They are very tiny. Using a piece of white paper under a branch, shake it. They will fall on the paper. If this is the problem, spray your roses.