Very dirty white vinyl flooring

+3
I have no WAC white vinyl flooring. The no wax part wore off several years ago. The dirt looks ground in. I have used bleach cleaner in the past but I am hoping there is a better alternative. That works but probably not safe for people or 3 dogs. Thank you for your help.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 01, 2017
    You can use a bleach based cleanser if it works for you. The "bad" part of bleach is breathing in the fumes. Any commercial cleanser that uses bleach would not make a product that hurts you or animals.
    Then, after it is cleaned, use a liquid floor finish like Pledge Floor Care Finish. I even use this on my bathroom countertop to prevent small scratches and stains.
  • Adriana Adriana on Dec 01, 2017
    Make a vinegar solution - Simply mix a cup of apple cider vinegar with a gallon of hot water. Add a tablespoon of dish soap. The soap should help lift dirt that's embedded into the floor. Use a mop made with nylon bristles for deep cleaning.
  • Nancy Nikolai Nancy Nikolai on Dec 02, 2017
    Try ammonia. Don't mix it with bleach. Use in well ventilated room and away from open flame. Ammonia can be hard on your lungs, so be quick when using it. Probably avoid having children around and pets. Rinse well, then wax. Armstrong makes a wax stripper and floor finish. You could try that. Good luck.

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Dec 02, 2017
    Pour straight bleach on the floor and mop with a wet mop full of water. As soon as it lightens, use a lot of water to dilute the bleach. Let dry.