Anyone know how to get rid of buzzards

+3
Buzzards have decided our yard is their playground and believe me they make a horrible mess, how can I make them move on permanently

• Kate Kate on Dec 01, 2017
    careful. they are actually protected under federal law. loud noises, maybe?
    we have a huge flock of 30 birds in a shopping center nearby. they were blown in by one of the last big storm fronts.
  • DesertRose DesertRose on Dec 01, 2017
    Buzzards are attracted to food and also a favorite place to roost for the night. If those two elements are missing, they will move on. You need to decide what is attracting them.
  • Kate Kate on Dec 01, 2017
    My friend has a neighbor who has peacocks. They are awful, too.
    Maybe call the county extension office for ideas? I don't think a dog would work like they do on geese, I'd be afraid they would attack.
    Best of luck.
  • DesertRose DesertRose on Dec 01, 2017
    Oh I am so sorry, it makes you wonder what is attracting them. If you could figure this out, perhaps you could get them to go. Habitat and food sources are the most common reason for any wild animals to move in. You say noise does not help, that means they must have gotten used to people making noises. Do you have a local Agricultural office you could call? Most counties have someone on hand to help or even a Game Warden or someone in charge of city animal nuisances. No one should have to live with their constant harassment and damaging deposits. Good luck! Let us know if you get rid of them? P.S. My dad was a game warden and he would help you find a way if he were alive and there!