What brand paint do you recommend

+3
  • For interior walls, I've always used Walmart's brand.
  • My personal preference is a stand alone paint store over big box or hardware store brands. There are a few brands of paint that are only sold at independent or small chain hardware stores that are good. My reasoning is generally the paint is of better quality, if applied properly, will wash and wear better and longer. Not everyone has the option to paint on a whim. In this case you get what you pay for. The personnel at stand alone pant stores are trained and in most cases, have been painters themselves and are better qualified to dispense reliable advice rather than the random person that gets assigned to the paint depatment in big box stores. More often than not, a high school or college kid is there just to make a buck, which explains why their "oops" or "mistake" table is always full of bargains from incorrectly mixed paint.

That being said, i have used big box paint on my own home. I painted my office a meriot color, think it was a Ralph Lauren designer blend. It is a very small room. The entrance is double doors. Opposite wall is a large picture window. Third wall is half closet. That leaves only 1 blank wall. The room is stuffed floor to ceiling with furniture too. What little you do see looks nice. I live alone with a bunch of pets and the walls get dusted and washed regularly. If I had kids and big sloppy dogs, chances are the paint would not held up as well over time.

Just do the job right from the get go, which includes washing the walls with TSP, letting dry, taping off, using a good primer like Kilz or Zinsser and the best washable paint you can possibly afford. Yes, it takes time, yes it is messy, but the end result will be something you can be proud of for years to come!

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Dec 01, 2017
    You can't go wrong with Behr paint at Home Depot. Great stuff. I love Rustoleum for spray paint. Waverly chalk paint.
  • Amanda Amanda on Dec 01, 2017
    My favorite paint is Pittsburgh Paints. I have never been disappointed.
  • Jeannie Taylor Holmes Jeannie Taylor Holmes on Dec 01, 2017
    Behr. Only kind I use now