How can I cutify a pedestal bathroom sink? I need storage.

+5
I'm moving to a house that has new, nice, pedestal sinks in the bathrooms and I think more storage space would be more practical for me. If not more storage space, how can I make them cuter? Thanks, y'all!

• Dfm Dfm on Dec 01, 2017
    put a skirt on the sink. Velcro is your friend. if you can sew a straight line put a hem on the bottom, one side of the velcro on the bottom of the sinks edge, the other on the skirt.
  • Use your walls! Mount shelving or anything that provides for additional storage. I love pedestal sinks, great for small or tight bathrooms, but no storage is the trade off.
  • 27524803 27524803 on Dec 01, 2017
    I think a skirt on the pedestal sink just looks "make shift" and some of the cabinets created to go around one do too...
    Pinterest.com will have some ideas for you... but think out of the box... like stacked PVC pipe to hold towels or crates stacked or fastened to the wall can look more purposeful. There can be lots of opportunities for storage between wall studs that can save space and look good too. Open shelves, above the toilet and other areas as well... why cover up a nice pedestal sink.
    • Joyce Joyce on Dec 02, 2017
      I love your idea. When I get moved in, I can measure for something like a little ladder attached to the wall for towels. Painted, stacked crates could be darling in there too. And I've always wanted to make little niches between studs for storage or show. Great ideas. Thank you so much!
  • JeffreyAC JeffreyAC on Dec 02, 2017
    We mounted a small upper kitchen cabinet next to the sink and had a piece of scrap marble cut as a counter top. It was unobtrusive and attractive but very usefull.
    • Joyce Joyce on Dec 02, 2017
      The kitchen cabinet could work. Have to go to a re-purpose store and look for tiny cabinets! Thank you.