Step-by-Step Christmas Centerpiece

$30

We're in the middle of renovating our newly purchased house, so as exciting as that is, it means very little Christmas decorating... Pretty much of all our stuff is packed away in storage, including Christmas decor. ( You can read all about our new Mid-Century house we're renovating into a Colonial Revival here!)

step by step christmas centerpiece
The dining room at our house in the country was huge! It was actually a garage that we converted to dining and living space.
Therefore there was plenty of space for a huge table.

step by step christmas centerpiece
I started this centerpiece by putting plastic sheeting on top of the table to ensure no tree sap dripped on the table.
step by step christmas centerpiece
My husband cut several different sized little logs for this.
step by step christmas centerpiece
I added glass votive holders in different sizes and colors... all tan and grey and white though.
step by step christmas centerpiece
The Frosty Fern addition was a great addition to sit on some of the little logs too. I wrapped them in white paper and vintage ribbon.
step by step christmas centerpiece
We cut some pine boughs to fill in.
step by step christmas centerpiece
Then I trimmed back the plastic sheeting and 'let it snow'.
step by step christmas centerpiece
It was a beautiful Christmas centerpiece!
step by step christmas centerpiece
I loved how the french door addition between the dining room and living room was a great place to set the Christmas tree!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of June 18, 2018 11:27 AM - More info
Simple Decorating Tips