Cleaning a stainless steel pot on the inside

+5
I INADVERTENTLY BOILED WATER DRY IN MY POT. NOW IT'S BROWN INSIDE. I TRIED SCRUBBING WITH NO SUCCESS ---NEED HELP-- MY BEST PAN

• Farhana Akhter Farhana Akhter on Dec 01, 2017
    Just put some baking soda, and some vinegar inside your effected pot and let it dry for 10minute,then scrub and clean properly
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 01, 2017
    If you need a little more help after using the baking soda and vinegar, try using Bar Cleaner's Friend. Some one mention it on Hometalk a long time ago and I got some. It works so much better than a lot of other 'scrubs'. I got the scrub version, but there is a powdered version as well.
  • Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on Dec 01, 2017
    It sounds crazy, but trying pouring plain ketchup into the bottom of the pan....enough to cover the bottom. Then heat it slightly on the stove...and let it sit for about an hour. Then scrub it in the sink as usual. The acid in the ketchup works like magic to remove stains, burns, etc.
  • Penny Taylor Penny Taylor on Dec 01, 2017
    Something I have used is a can of tomatoes. Cook in the pan for a few minutes...not sure this will help, but worth a try. Good luck.

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 01, 2017
    There is a hack on home talk about boiling lemons in water.. that should work unless the bottom of the pot has "burnt thru" (no holes, just permanently charred metal. AND if it has burnt thru... anything you cook in it will usually burn.
  • Patricia Patricia on Dec 02, 2017
    awe bummer....you could pour vinager in there and warm it on the stove. Let it sit for a while. The vinager will clean the brown off but give it some time.
  • Barbara Baldwin Barbara Baldwin on Dec 02, 2017
    I just read an article about this. She put dryer sheet in pan with water. I knew I shoulda kept the article, dang it..