What spray paint can I buy to paint jar lids

+7
Have been saving 'nice' glass jars all yr. for Christmas gifts to a group of elder ladies a church (candy, cough drops, M&M's, etc). I have used red spray paint (good quality paint), & after 2/3 coats, still can see the orig color/prints on the lids!!!!!

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 02, 2017
    Use Rustoleums 2x for metal
  • Candy Walsh Candy Walsh on Dec 02, 2017
    i use Rustoleum spray paints, they are always very durable and come In so many different colors, types and textures
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 02, 2017
    Yes. I second Rustoleum. Maybe you should have used a primer?? Or maybe the red paint you are using is more of a translucent spray paint?
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Dec 02, 2017
    Try sanding them first with a fine grit sand paper to take the sheen off that makes the spray paint slide off. Or rub them down with Liquid Sand
  • Use Rustoleum Primer. It etches anything from glass to ceramic and more allowing the paint to stick. Then I use Rustoleum American Accents with 2x Ultra Cover. It bonds to plastic and even sprays upside down. Best combination I've found
  • Alice Alice on Dec 02, 2017
    Will try it, tk U.
  • Ger27871176 Ger27871176 on Dec 02, 2017
    Any kind will do.I do it all the time
  • Alice Alice on Dec 03, 2017
    Tks.
  • Alice Alice on Dec 03, 2017
    Tks. Did sand them a little and then used the Rustoleum 2X and it worked evenly, cause before they did not look as they do now. Tk U all.
  • Jennifer Tellman Hoecker Jennifer Tellman Hoecker on Dec 15, 2019

I spray painted mine but when I tried to apply vinyl, the transfer tape took the paint off. Can I do anything to the ones already painted so this doesn't happen, like bake them or is that a bad idea???