I have an old mahogany dining room set that needs help.

The finish is rubbed away in some areas. I don’t really want to refinish the whole set and I don’t think I want to paint it. I really don’t have the skill to attack it! I have tried Old English scratch remover, Miniwax Wood-Sheen and Tibet Almond Stick on it but no luck! Anybody have any ideas?

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 02, 2017
    Here's an article that might help, but you may have to rethink refinishing the wood. If you feel you don't have the skills, use your search engine to look up 'How to refinish wood'. Try to read articles and also make sure you find or go to http://www.youtube.com and use the same search words to find some video's. I have often found on youtube that you will watch one video and there are more at the side. But after the video is done the ones on the side change and no longer fit your search. So you might have to search more than once to find several video's. That's what I see, but others may not have that issue so after the first video, check to see what else is listed. If it's not what you want, search again. These days, you can learn pretty much anything online. You computer is a HUGH tool to help you learn exactly what to do. Here's that article. Wishing you the best!
  • Nancy Nancy on Dec 02, 2017
    sh think you should rent a palm sander and just sand the sand the table top to the bare wood and re-stain or varnish It's not hard to do and won't take a lot of time.
    • Sharon Sharon on Dec 02, 2017
      A lot of those old mahogany tables are veneer tops, so sanding isn't a good option, stripping would be better, then a light sand, and re-stain.