I am planning to repaint the inside of my home.

+2
My husband grabs the door frames as he enters a room. This causes the paint on door frames to peel off or bubble. It looks really terrible. Door frames are made of wood. Stripping wood has been a thought, but I think It would not solve the problem. Appreciate any and all advice.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 02, 2017
    Oh I hear ya on this one! I am constantly cleaning those areas and eventually the paint wears through. I would sand those areas and feather them into the good areas. Put some primer on the bad areas again feathering into the good areas, then paint the entire piece of woodwork. It's my opinion that if this is a common problem, it's worth it to use 2 coats of an oil-based enamel. That has the strongest 'sticking power'. Wishing you the best.
  • Cho31768182 Cho31768182 on Dec 02, 2017
    After you repaint go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get clear acrylic door guards to protect wood. Same material you see on walls that protect your stairwell from folks who like to put their hand on wall as they go up and down.
  • Amazing Grace ! Amazing Grace ! on Dec 02, 2017
    This is a BIG PET PEEVE OF MINE.... especially if a worker comes in my house and they prop their hand on the wall or woodwork. I ALWAYS SAY:
    "Would you mind not hanging on my wall while you speak to me" That is an aggravating habit some people have and it irks the crap out of me. If you can not "re-train" hubby from hanging on the walls, I would sand down the old paint, and re-paint it with a Latex semi gloss paint that is easily washed!
    but, I would also mention to said "hubby your thoughts on this"... maybe he doesn't even realize he's doing it.

• Sono Arima Sono Arima on Dec 02, 2017
    After striping the paint off the wood, clean it with TSP cleaner, let dry. You need to prime the wood, then paint. Use a oil based primer and paint. Unless, your husband's hands are made of spiked metal, the paint should hold up. It sounds like your problem was in the paint application and not his hands.... hopefully ;)