Want to put junk away on countertop/kitchen don't know where should go

+2
  • Barb Barb on Dec 02, 2017
    Start by purging all your cabinets of items you no longer What like mis-matches Glasses and those stained Tupperware or dollar tree containers missing lids etc.. then those items you use only on holidays such as mixer, dishes and crock pots store those in a closet shelf, under beds or attic or basement area, this will free up for all those items that are currently on the counter 📌
  • Sylvia Ivie Sylvia Ivie on Dec 02, 2017
    These days people have too much stuff. 1. Evaluate your junk. Do you need it? Do you use it? Or does it just collect dust ? Get rid of the things you dont need. 2. Does you kitchen have enough storage? No? Consider reusing a solid wood old style tv stand-cabinet with doors for storage. You can rearrange the shelves as needed for microwaves, or tall items such as blenders and stand mixers. Cookbooks can fill other shelves too. These can be picked up free or cheap. 3. Organize by type putting small appliances together by their uses.

Most of all be creative and have fun.

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 02, 2017
    In the process of cleaning out kitchen cabinets and drawers. Some stuff is easy to decide to get rid of. Like having 2 potato mashers, a container without a lid, etc. Other stuff is more difficult. Do I really need to keep my old dull butcher knives since I already have several good ones? I found small plastic bins found at the dollar store are nice to put like minded things in. Like all mixing spoons in one, etc.
  • Elle Elle on Dec 02, 2017
    I actually use small closet over water heater for small appliances and large baking stuff Rarely used. I am in small apt. i took the pretty glass things I love but have no room for and now use on counter to hold utensils, etc. I took an extra plastic silverware holder and keep holiday utensils and rarely used stuff in closet too. bought small 3 drawer plastic drawes instead of a junk drawer....put under cabinet but handy..and pretty hooks on wall for daily used items. good luck and happy holidays!

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 02, 2017
    https://www.hometalk.com/765039/keeping-the-clutter-off-the-counter