How do I caulk a corner shower?

+3
Do I have to caulk all five sides of a corner shower? Do I caulk only on the inside of the shower or do I caulk the outside also? Should I caulk the tap in the shower also?

• Mary Mary on Dec 02, 2017
    you should caulk everything that might let water through. The easiest way is to put painters tape down on both sides of your caulk line leaving just the thickness that you want you end caulk to be. That way when you smooth it it wont get all over the walls and when your done simply pull off the tape. This really helps to make it easy in corners
  • Gale Allen Jenness Gale Allen Jenness on Dec 02, 2017
    Without seeing your shower enclosed it’s a little hard to say whether you need to calk your seams or not? Some enclosures are built to be self sealing and no calk is necessary. Although a small bead of silicone won’t hurt anything either. From my experiences though, silicone will mildew in wet areas and need cleaning often or replace the silicone! So don’t use any more silicone then necessary to seal cracks or gaps! Outside your shower stall is more your Choice what you want to do? If there’s a gap you don’t like seeing by all means fill the gap with silicone for appearance. But if it’s not getting wet you don’t need to seal it if you choose not to! Also make sure you don’t use a water solu silicone that easily cleans up in water! It won’t hold up near as good as the silicone you have to use a solvent to clean up with! Good luck
  • Ger27871176 Ger27871176 on Dec 02, 2017
    Just two
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Dec 02, 2017
    Caulk everything, and recaulk as needed. I prefer silicone caulk. 😇
  • 4554290 4554290 on Dec 10, 2017
    Thanks so much for sharing. I actually posted this question for a friend of mine. I sure hope the caulking worked.