Beveled edges of mounted wall mirror losing silver nitrate - refinish?

+7
The beveled edges of the mirror trim in the bathrooms are all turning black - and I believe is because for the past 14 years I cleaned the mirrors with a glass cleaner then wiped the mirror dry from top to bottom with a squeegee forcing the cleaner to the bottom of the mirror. I did not realize the damage that was slowly growiing.

I cannot take the mirror or the trim off the wall. Can the beveled edge be painted from the outside? Please share any ideas. Thank you!
q beveled edges of mounted wall mirror losing silver nitrate refinish