Asked on Dec 3, 2017

Hi Hometalkers! I have some tempered glass panels...

BarbLindaUncommonsensesc
+18

They are about 4 ft long and about 15 inches wide. They are tempered glass about 1/2 thick panels with a beautiful stamped design. I have about 70 panels. I'm thinking about a glass house around a hot tub but that's a tremendous amount of work for me. I cannot lift the panels alone and hubby is getting older. I'm going to use one for a backsplash but I wanted to see if anyone has some cool ideas using just a few of the panels. I picked them up cheap at an auction so I might just try to resell them if I can't figure out a way to use them. Any and all ideas are much appreciated!
q hi hometalkers i have some tempered glass panels
  • Ann

if you have windows big enough, you might just stand them in your window, setting it on the sill and leaning against your window. You mentioned getting older, so I'm guessing you don't have little ones around to worry about the safety factor.

• Liv

You could make a partial room divider out of them. You could also use them as a top for a coffee table (indoor or outdoor).

• Susan Massey

I see a sunroom in your future.....!

• Susan Massey

With a project that big you better hire a local carpenter. If you are in city limits there are codes that must be obeyed and he would know what to do. It sounds beautiful! Good luck!

• Sharon

Very nice... I would make square wooden frames, and route out a channel in the middle of the uprights, insert a metal channel, and install the panels horizontally one on top of the other.... would have to see if you would need to put a clip between each glass panel.

• Nancy Turner

With the scalloped edging they would make a great coffee table with two together. You could use them singly also to make one of those tables you put behind a couch. I have a black wrought iron aquarium stand that would be perfect for behind a love seat.

• Cat Shaw

Great ideas everyone, I really appreciate it!

• Too bad you're so far away from Wisconsin... I'd be interested in a couple! They're gorgeous!! I've used old glass in many of the houses I've worked on creating interior windows. This link should take you to some of the ones I've written about... maybe you'll find some inspiration. :) http://simpledecoratingtips.com/mantels-vignettes-tablescapes-and-lighting/interior-windows/

• Cat Shaw

WOW, WOW, WOW! Wonderful Jobs and wonderful ideas Liz! You have definitely inspired me! Thanks so much!!!🤗

• Lisa S.

Dresser top. Buffet top. Coffee table top. A glass company can cut them to size for you. Have a piece cut to place plants on top of.

• Cat Shaw

Hi Lisa, I wasn't aware that tempered glass could be cut. That idea opens up a whole new realm of possibilities! Thanks so much!!!

• Lori Beth Merrill

I would use them as hutch door updates.

• Lyn Montes

Love them. Put a frame around a couple and hang them on the wall. With the wall color showing through they will be very attractive. You could also paint some of the design and it would give it the stained glass effect.

• Cat Shaw

Ohhh Lyn, what a great idea! Do you know what kind of paint I could use? I'm assuming that it's a special type!

• Jan16015945

Beautiful !

• Uncommonsensesc

Wow, those are big panels! Do you have anywhere you can use them for shelves (in front of a window where the sun would shine through and you can put glass knick-knacks on them comes to mind)?

• Linda

My first thought was side lights. I have a window I've been dying to change to an exterior door, and sidelights would add much needed sunshine to that room.

• Barb

You could use them as a room divider as you enter the front door box in a ledge and add those to the top📌🎄Heres a picture idea but you would add the glass panel where the plant is📌. Even in the bathroom a 3/4 wall with those on top.