From Trash Bag Holder to Wall Shelf.

$0

I have a mobile island in my kitchen. When I bought it it had a trash bag holder on one side. As I was using this storage area to store large pots I removed the holder. It has been in my "I'll find something to do with this" pile of stuff since that time. My craft desk was looking like a big mess. It was crowded I couldn't work. I wanted a shelf above the work area. The light bulb came on. I have just the thing! Time to recycle that trash bag holder. The project cost $0. I had everything on hand.
Now is this a mess or what?!
The first step was to bring it in and clean it up. Not bad looking after it's clean up but, I wanted to give it a little color.
Side view, before refurbishing.
After clean up, I took it back out to my workshop and painted the sides with Behr "Serene Breeze"Another Breeze".
Time to hang my newly completed project but, how was I going to hang it? Being a person with ingenuity I looked around and found some curtain rod brackets. I placed those on the wall and slid the shelf into the brackets. To the left of the shelf, you will see a cork board that made, using a picture frame, quite sometime back. Now my craft desk has more room. But, of course on project leads to another. Time to sand down the desk top and give it a new look.

Behr eggshell latex enamel paint "Serene Breeze"

16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style

1 comment