Repurposed Log Snowman - 4 Feet Tall!

$0

Down at the bottom of my yard you’ll find about a dozen stumps from a pine tree that died last year. Hubby took the tree down last fall and he split most of the logs for firewood.
repurposed log snowman 4 feet tall
I think hubs pooped out because he didn’t quite make it to the end of the pile. They’re not really bothering me, they’re out of the way,  I have plenty of logs for the fireplace and when I run out, I have tons of pallet wood ends.
repurposed log snowman 4 feet tall
Some of the log chunks I had left were quite large, I could  totally see why they were left behind.  But what if you stacked the logs, wouldn’t they make a great snowman?

You can see it can’t you?
repurposed log snowman 4 feet tall
To make a snowman you'll need to peel off any remaining bark and give your snowball logs a good scrubbing.
repurposed log snowman 4 feet tall
With a circular saw, reciprocating saw or jigsaw, trim off the edges of your logs to give them more of a rounded look.
repurposed log snowman 4 feet tall
Paint  your snowballs white.  I’m using some leftover exterior house trim paint.
repurposed log snowman 4 feet tall
Like any snowman, my guy has sticks for arms. Drill a hole - insert stick.
repurposed log snowman 4 feet tall
I was going to use a painted sharpened dowel or stick for my carrot nose, but this wood piece was already painted orange.  Not quite a carrot, but close enough.

Drill a hole, insert nose.
repurposed log snowman 4 feet tall
From thin scrap wood, cut out a oval brim for your snowman’s hat.
repurposed log snowman 4 feet tall
My snowman’s scarf is made from the sleeves from an old flannel shirt.  Each sleeve was cut into two pieces lengthwise, then sewed together to get one long scarf.   Notice the button cuffs?

Of course you could always use a real scarf.
repurposed log snowman 4 feet tall
I painted the brim of the hat black and added one more painted black log to use as the top of the hat.

To hold the brim and hat securely, I drilled a hole into the top of the head, through the brim and up into the hat to hold a piece of dowel.
The bottom logs were super heavy, pretty sure they’re not going anywhere.
repurposed log snowman 4 feet tall
Painted on  mouth, eyes and buttons.

If a 4 foot snowman is a little too large, you may be interested in my snowman made from a 2x4 scrap

http://scavengerchic.com/2015/01/08/2-x-4-snowman-diy/

As always, if you need more pictures, make sure you visit me at the link below.
ScavengerChic