New Year's Eve Ball - 2 Options

$16

I will show you how to make your own New Year's Eve ball and I have 2 options for you. You can make these to lower down or just hang as a decoration. The great thing is you can use them for more than just New Year's if you like.

new year s eve ball 2 options
For both options - you'll need 2 flower hanging planter baskets.  Pull off the chains but save one set for hanging it in the end.
new year s eve ball 2 options
Stack your baskets like this to form the ball shape.  Use wire or I used Christmas bulb wire hooks to twist tie your flower baskets together.  
new year s eve ball 2 options
For the first option - For this New Year's Ball I'm using these rope lights that I found at Walmart.  

Hot glue the battery pack to the inside of the base of the flower basket.
new year s eve ball 2 options
Wrap the rope light around the baskets placing it between each set of wires on the basket.  When you get to the end, tie the top together to secure it with wire or Christmas ornament hooks as I did. I let the extra hang down in the center of the ball.
new year s eve ball 2 options
Here is what it looks like lit up at this point.
new year s eve ball 2 options
Hot glue some tinsel garland to the basket, and start wrapping the ball with the garland. I wrapped two times between each wire and on either side of the rope light. This project took 2 tinsel garland packs that were 15 ft. each and $1 per pack. Hot glue the ends to secure.
new year s eve ball 2 options
Add one of the flower hanging basket planter chains to the top so you can hang it.
new year s eve ball 2 options
Your first ball is done! Now on to the second option...

I'm using 2 beaded strands of lights from Walmart in the bridal section.
new year s eve ball 2 options
You'll start the same as the first option by stacking and securing the baskets into the ball shape.

Using wire or Christmas ornament hooks secure the strand of lights onto each wire of the hanging basket and wrap around the ball.
new year s eve ball 2 options
Hot glue your battery packs to the bottom of your ball inside the basket.  (I'm open to other ideas on this if you have them please share them in the comments.  I'd love for them to not be in the ball at all...)
new year s eve ball 2 options
new year s eve ball 2 options
Hang it up, turn it on, and you're done :)
new year s eve ball 2 options
Which one do you like better?

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg
new year s eve ball 2 options
I'll be making this on Hometalk's Live DIY on their Facebook page Sunday, December, 17th at 7pm EST and would love to have you join me.

• 2 flower baskets  (Dollar Tree)
  • Rope Lights  (Walmart)
  • Tinsel  (Walmart)
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Fran

love the idea but where do you get battery pack lights that will last for a while? all the ones I've used have to have battery replacements often.

• Patti Bosley

LED ones last a lot longer. I like to get the timer ones. Then I don’t have to remember to turn them off and on. The dollar tree has alkaline batteries that has 4 batteries in the package For $1.00 🙂

• Linda sue johnston

Would it hurt if the battery packs get wet? I was thinking this would be good to hang out while camping

• Denise Delgado Nava

We take Christmas lights and wrap them around the canopy for lighting in our camp area. Not to bright so you can still see the stars. But we usually get water and electricity hook ups when we camp.

• Condit Bradshaw

Wonder if we spray painted the baskets white glitter if it would add to shiny factor?

• Both Baskets are BEAUTIFUL ❤️ Now you’ve got my crafters wheels turning ,the Garland Basket would be FUN lookin with blinking colored lights,I would use plug in lights (as it gives You endless ideas) run the cord up the chain and hang on a plant hook in the ceiling. With the Bridal lights,paint the basket white (so the lights are camouflage in some) put a piece of cardboard in the bottom (cut the size of the bottom of a tuna can) cover both sides with moss then place battery pack (unless you can find electrical ones) run lights up up the outside,then decorate bottom with florals also run some up the sides. Ohhh so many more ides for this.

Happy Happy New Year!!!!🎆

O-Obsessive C-Crafting D-Disorder

• Tammy Bridges

I did this project and here’s my final outcome!!