Repurposed Hutch Top

$35

The top of a hutch turned upside down and transformed into a beautiful caninet ❤️❤️ A friend of mine was going to throw away an old hutch top as Junk...what? There is no such word in my vocabulary as JUNK 😀. After staring at it for weeks I had a premonition! Turn it upside and down and add legs and replace the old glass with chicken wire ❤️ We also added a new back using a piece of birch wood.
A friend of mine was going to throw away an old hutch top as Junk...what? There is no such word in my vocabulary as JUNK 😀. After staring at it for weeks I had a premonition! Turn it upside and down and add legs and replace the old glass with chicken wire ❤️ We also added a new back using a piece of birch wood.
This is what it looked like before we turned it upside down 😀💪🏻
Here it is turned upside down with the Furniture Legs added to the bottom. We also removed the backing because it had water damage and replaced it with stained birch. The Hubs also added trim to the top 😀
The Hubs added a shelf then we replaced the old glass with chicken wire and attached the doors 🙌🏻
We stained the birch using Minwax Dark Walnut Stain and added it to the back. We also stained the added shelf the same color. I then painted her and gave her a bit of distressing😀

Now she is a beautiful, farmhouse cabinet! And so easy to transform! Not to mention, we saved a piece from our local landfill. I hope I have inspired you to repurpose, rescue, and relove!

Christina Faye Repurposed