Tips to Flocking a Tree

$100

I’ve always loved the looked of flocked Christmas trees but they are so expensive so I decided to do it myself. Here are some tips if you decide to try this yourself.
Tip 1: This is the flocking material you should use. I always thought that the stuff in a can was flocking but to get the real flocking look, use this.
In order for the flocking material to stick to the tree, you must adhere it with water. Pour water into a spray bottle for easier application.
Tip 2: I also added white glue to the water. My bottle held one cup of water. To that I added about one tablespoon of glue. Shake well.
Tip 3: Cover the tree stand with bags to keep it clean.
Tip 4: My tree came in three pieces. I put the bottom piece into the stand and then “fluffed” the branches. When each section is complete, add the next section.
Tip 5: I tied each section of branches together so that I could flock each section.
Tip 6: Use a medium size kitchen sifter. Only pour a small amount of flock into the sifter at a time.
Tip 7: Work in small sections, spraying the water/glue mixture then sifting the flocking material onto the branch.
Tip 8: Immediately respray the section after each application of flocking material. This will lock it onto the branches.
Continue to add the flocking material until you’ve achieve the look you want.
Tip 9: Remember, you can always add more but you can’t remove what you’ve already applied.
Tip 10: Allow the tree to dry at least 24 hours.

I’m really happy with how my tree turned out. It was so easy that I want to flock more things :)
I hope these tips help you to flock the perfect tree.
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Sheela

looks real.. .

can we get the snowflock in michaels or Joann fabrics?

• Patty

It looks very real! I too, wonder if it would dull the lights.

• Rawhide

I got this snow at Amazon and it was around $20.00 . I don’t know how it would cost $100.00? Water is free and you can get school for a dollar. Look for the softer in Dollar Tree. This bag of flocking will last for many projects. Hope you get to try it. Merry Christmas 🎄

• Valerie Smith

What about a tree that already has lights?

• Cindy

You will need to use painters tape on each light ( easier to do before stacking tree parts ). Sounds tedious to do this, but the results are worth it !! Good luck !!

• Miss Daisy

I Hate artificial Christmas trees but for health reasons we're getting one this year and flocking would look great but 100.00. , not in my budget. Your tree looks awesome !

• Vio43153876

I just bought this from amazon. It was $20.00. I can’t wait to try it.